Nov 22, 2007

Questions about Spain

My baby sister asked my thoughts of Spain so instead of mere pics, I thought I write a few thoughts:

1- What did we like about Spain? I think the culture and the opportunity to see new things.

2- What was the most intriguing aspect of the trip? For Michele and I it was the monastery at Mount Serrat. It was isolated and built around 1000 A.D. and some of the most beautiful landscapes in a mountainous region. Set at 3000 feet plus elevation it was really clean, modern and historical.

3- Interesting observations - being clean is a suggestion not mandatory. Michele noticed only 50% of the women actually washed their hands. The men are even worse.

4- Emissions standards are not the same as the U.S.

The food was great though - seafood is very common and done very simply. The lifestyle is very culture, and very arts oriented. The best thing about Spain is people are not nearly as violent as America. It was very safe there. Not once did Michele and I fear mugging...or being held up.

Overall, as we reflect for next time, my wife and I will do something more active. Something like rock climbing.