Apr 28, 2008

Back to real life

I'm reading, and writing.


No 'rithmetic for me though. My wife handles that - balancing the checks and such.

It was a quiet Monday - no tv, no technology - just reading, writing and reflection. It was sweet for the soul. To break away from 'noise'.

I see a battle with the busyness of life and schedules: it takes away some humanity in each one of us. Moments where we need to pause, reflect, repent or make a decision or commitment are stolen. For my wife and I - I told her we need to get back to the simple life.

Where we don't lose touch with our humanity. Where we can listen to the still voice of God and stop to love and support people around us. Where we reflect to the brevity of life and why it is precious.

It was a good evening freed from distraction and my heart soared this evening.