Feb 23, 2009

Affording the cruise

Been awhile since I posted.

Working on a lot of projects, but the biggest event I can blog about is this:
The cruise was alot of fun and everyone should do it.

However, some people might be surprised that someone as conservative financially as me would go 'cruising'?
It's a myth: I'm neither rich, nor a 'spender'. We got a great deal. We have money saved from our investments and our car payments and using a 0% loan to work in our favor. Most people don't realize that all the little 'stuff' adds up quickly. Think of not forking over 20k immediately but leveraging that for a 4% investment account or leveraging that in a volatile stock that clearly hits a 'sweet spot' at $87 per share and in one week turn around 3k with your 15k? Not bad eh?

Off my soapbox: we had a great time and the food was $100.00 dinner meals anywhere in the USA. The food was THAT good.
I gorged on sushi: 28 pieces and 6 sashimi. Port Wine reduction sauce on chocolate molten lava cake. Lamb leg so rich and tender it was like melted butter in your mouth. The entertainment was first rate and the crew was always friendly. Money well spent for less than $1300.00 per person WITH roundtrip airfare.

Jealous yet?

However, I did want to come back to reality. It's true what they say: it's good to be king - for a day.