Apr 23, 2012

Well, this is exciting, we're on the cusp of finding out how 'un-expectant opportunities' pop up.

Just got my first app for Apple submitted, and approved. Which is a major accomplishment. That took about one month's of my time and rehashing, testing, re-testing. I was tempted to quit at one point because I could not get over the hump as the app crashed and burned.

I'm sure the Wright brothers didn't feel a bruise or two with their first plane.

How much will it make? I don't know, but at least I've tried.

I'm an optimist for good results: Apple has their products in more than 1/2 of American households and it will just grow. I know Apple well - I've invested in them a few years ago before their stock shot through the roof.

The killer aspect of the app is that it's so simple you just get it, which is exactly what I hope for from the public. Everyone been rooting for it, and we'll see how it goes. One good review, and a recommendation can be an overnight success vs. a slow death dirge into obscurity.

The thing that drove me to develop this app is it's simplicity and it's a great education experience doing this: it's not easy, and it's a challenge. It's not safe and have your app rejected by Apple - who was pretty detailed as to why they will just kick you out like a wet dog if your coding, your idea, your execution simply sucked.

The phrase, "don't come here - it's not amateur hour" scared me from almost trying, but what scared me more was not trying.