Oct 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Gregory

Well Michele and I came back for Gregory's birthday in Rockford. It was a good thing to be with family and celebrating his birthday.

Gregory is now AT&T honcho of making sure four stores stays on top, and loves his job. Wishing you a good one big guy.

**

On the other front Michele and I can't believe we're going to Spain soon. Next weekend we'll be back in Rockford to be catching a plane to Europe. It's my first time out of the country and overseas, and Michele's second.

Europe always facinated me for this fact: culture. It has history and some significance in the scheme of Western civilization. William Durant's epic volume of history of Western Civilization was something I always use to pick up and read. History in this context: history runs in cycles and we never learn from it's lessons. Even in our own lives we don't learn from the past.

I don't think I'm smartest person, but I do know what thing: you'll be a whole lot better off if you just cut down on repeating the mistakes that other people make.