Oct 19, 2007

Pre-Spain

Well two more days.

Spain.

First time overseas. First time in Europe.

And...I'm not packed. Michele and I only have a vague skeletal structure of where we're going.

The Basque terrorists called off their truce and a bomb went off in a car in politician's vehicle two weeks ago.
No one was killed. I got inside track information that the terrorism carried out there is not like Al Queda.
They actually call to warn people, the cause of the Basque would not be helped if innocent people died.

Am I worried? Not really. There's no State Department warnings to U.S. citizens and my inside track sources in Spain said no worries. Will I keep my eyes and ears open? You betcha. Talking to my ex-paramiltary friends I've picked up a few tips to catch suspicious people and activities. I've read criminal activity before it happened a few times in my life...so being alert will keep us ok.

The one thing that worries is the warning of pick-pocketing and my wife and I've been reviewing briefly some 'partnering look out scenarios'. We will visit only one area where picket pocketing will put on us on alert. Other than that most of the cities are old and very laid back.

The general consensus and dossier reports I've read is Spain is very safe overall. You'll have more danger in Chicago than Spain. :O) The food! The people.

The only worries is our language grasp...we suck. LOL.


**

Extra luggage - yeh we will plan to bring up some goodies from Spain for our families.

What an adventure this will be!