Oct 27, 2009

No matter how you slice it...

This morning I woke up to after twelve hours of driving to a helpless sight: seeing my wife look at me with tears welling in her eyes.

"I think it's another ectopic pregnancy." MIchele went on to explain her theories and deep in my heart we have only a slim chance of pulling this thing off because the doctors already called with some bad prognosis.

I know it's going to be a difficult day for her. It's going to weigh on her mind all day. She'll see kids and she's hearing how everyone is pregnant with healthy babies, but us. This is our second try this year and the first time around, Michele almost lost her life.

I am sitting this morning don't know what to think: it's both overcast and gloomy. I just want to hold my wife and that's it. I got no words to say. There's nothing to say. I know the pain of this prognosis is alright: it means we 'feel' life. Life is of joy and pain - and pain reminds me that somewhere along this blue, and greens spinning globe this isn't the 'end all' of life.

Makes me ache for relief and closure. It drives me towards something, but my heart rests with my wife. I chat with God alot during this time. People offer their best, but there's nothing like knowing God is there.

Yet, I am reminded right now my heart just aches for my love: there's nothing more humbling than watching the tears roll down your wife's face and there's nothing you can do to stop the rain.