Nov 12, 2009

Jump start

I look at my heart moving casually in this life,
Pulsating dull, forgetting what God has done,
Moving through the motion of humanity,
Let me see through the sea of faces,
The eyes of the One who told eternity to me,

To see the eyes of love on that Hill,
Plunge me deep, to that place once again,
Let me run the distance of that width,
I want to climb the height so much more,

Oh the deep, deep love.
The love of Jesus;
The deep, deep love.

I know there's more than to this life,
Than glittering toys or fading pleasures,
Caught in the net of broken dreams,
I hear the faint whisper while in my darkness,
The strong voice of a God who loves us so,

Oh, you beckon me to come and see,
That river of life poured out for me,
Free and full of grace and all of you,
My heart swells once more to shout,

Oh the deep, deep love.
The love of Jesus;
The deep, deep love.

I see it once again from my wilderness,
A vision once dull, now so clear,
The eyes of my King and the marks of His love,
My heart exalts in Him once again,
There is none so lovely, bright or so pure,

You brought me from shades of night,
Clothed and adopted as a son of light,
Oh the deep thanks of tears begins to flow,
From this grateful heart to the one I own,
You are my King, forever I am yours.

(Written at 4:10am Thursday)