May 27, 2010

Heaven is a reunion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9jLHbOpMY&feature=related

Heaven.

I dreamt I went to heaven.

Saw people embracing each other with wide saucer eyes and tears of joy flowing. It was a sea of people from every nation.

People from the middle east, asia, south america...and I understood every word. It was a party of the ages. In the midst, I knew whatever man does, God does better - even throwing parties and reunions.

I blinked away the tears.

Then someone grabbed me from behind.

Instantly I knew her - it was my daughter. I picked her up - and she said, "Daddy, daddy...I love you."

Giants tears streamed down my face, and my nostrils flared. It was my little girl I lost - Abigail. I hugged her till she gasped with a laugh, "...you're squeezing the breath out of me." I held her stroking her hair, as my tears soaked her white robe. I looked into her eyes and I saw myself. She was beautiful.

Then...Michele comes walking in the distance with our son, Asher.

I looked at Michele smiling and looked back at Abigail, "Well, look who's coming."

Abigail smiled and pecked a kiss on my cheek, "That's my brother."

I smiled back, "I know."