Aug 26, 2007

Turning down Paradise Weather

It was seemingly a great opportunity. Move to a great state, with great weather, but it didn't seem right.

Move two weeks after a funeral? My wife's family was just experiencing a heart-ache of watching my wife's aunt die slowly after a massive stroke. It was pretty agonizing because there were constant tears for a long period.

Then a job offer came through: Illinois was calling again with more money, more stablity and a better opportunity.

It was a difficult decision but ultimately, I think I made the right decision at this point. We had to stick around a bit longer for family. There's been three funerals since I arrived in Illinois and alot of heartache.

One of my wife's family said it best, "We just want to hear some GOOD NEWS." When I told her we would be staying ... she smiled brightly for the first time in a month.