Sep 2, 2007

The move

Sunday, September 9th.

The move just happened.

Michele and I moved into our new condo, and the day began yesterday at 9am. We've collected boxes and boxes and packed and packed. The generous labor of family and friends made the move alot easier, but it was work. The move actually went very well...two hours to pack a truck and about 1.5 hours to unload.

I have a few highlights to hit on.

• If it's a local, but it's a long move - DO NOT do it yourself. It's alot of work unless you're a pastor, or a CEO to get free labor. This is the LAST MOVE I'll ever do myself. I'm hiring people next time!

• Never try driving a 24 foot truck with a diesel engine. I was honestly so intimidated by it, initially I felt like throwing up. We reserved the truck and HAD to move it. I wanted to get out of the situation, but honestly, you bite the bullet and go for it. Yeh, I rented a Budget truck with a high tailgate. It really felt like driving a rig.

• Pray, pray, pray. No accidents, no injuries all to which I am extremely thankful.

• Organize your move as best as you can. I had alot of comments from our friends saying it was one of the most organized move ever. We had boxes stacked in dolly-sized towers that made the move easy. Within 1 hour all the boxes were moved out of the apartment. In another hour the furniture were all gone.

• Many thanks to my wife, for her constant hard work and the many friends and my in-laws for their help.

Oh, what about the condo? We'll throw some pics as soon as we can. It's very nice.