Jul 28, 2006

God scares me

JEREMIAH 13:14
And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together,” says the Lord. “I will not pity nor spare nor have mercy, but will destroy them.”

***

Just been reading the Old Testament again. God in His righteous anger, is a terrible and awesome presence. Think about the above verse - we've seen ruthless military operations where there isn't any mercy, but God in His righteous anger lumps whole families together. That's just heavy. BUT, I find it encouraging because what I should have been accountable to, in my sin and failure God was no-holds bar on our Savior.

Jesus died in our stead that we might have life. NO MATTER where we come from, or what we've done: there is mercy with God under the cross.

Our God is TRULY an awesome God.