Jul 10, 2006



Ultimate Fighting and Wedding Plans

What's with the above pictures? Believe it not, it's from the UFC's welterweight champion Matt Hughes website. Yep, it's the picture that got Matt thinking about his life, and looking at the picture Matt said he knew he was one of the people in the water. I thought it's a good picture of Christians maybe living life as normal, and not realizing people are going to hell on a daily basis. It made me think and raises that thought provoking question, "Who cares?"

Food for thought.

***

Well, a few good things. One of them is this link to get some good deals: http://dealmac.com/

***

Michele and I went looking for a place with Michele's mom for the wedding. We stopped at a few places and afterwards Michele's mom told me, after I was trying to drum up some design business, "You realize you're not responsible for the wedding costs?". I shrugged my shoulders, "Well, it's not this is my sixth time around." jokingly.

At one point walking out of a beautiful ballroom I looked over to MIchele and whispered, "Seem all kind of surreal doesn't it?".
She nodded.

I'm glad we're doing it early because wedding takes time. Our guest list is approaching 230. My invites are 30 and that's about it. California is a long way to travel for a wedding, but I do know, I want to make it worthwhile for my guests. It's going to be great. We're aiming for good food.

My sister Doris was gracious and generous to send us off to Italy for our honeymoon. Cannot beat that. Much love sis.


****

Devotions. Michele and i made a commitment to keep our Sundays open for rest, and recreation. We began a word for word study in the scriptures as a couple. We had a great time...so much fun together we almost missed lunch. My commitment to Michele is to be a spiritual leader. Life ain't going to fly too well if I'm not a bread winner, I owe it to my future wife to care for her spiritually like Christ does.

There's isn't any qualms from God that I need to keep my focus - it's not just about me...it's about another soul that i need to care for. What a joy, responsibilty and privilege.