Oct 19, 2006





Gordon's TIPs for planning your wedding

1) If you go to a cake baker's* 'kitchen' and see dogs that looks and smells like a construction worker who forgot the word 'bath' or 'shower' in their volcabulary; it's probably not a good place to get your wedding cake. (* or whatever they call them - baker, cake engineer...etc)

BONUS HINT: If you're not really all that bright, the additional hint of a cat purring on the kitchen counter, and you find out the baker makes wedding cakes there it's probably not a good idea to buy your cake from that person...unless you have a wedding for your pet. Yes, Michele and I found this out quickly. We finally settled on a very impressive baker who went to Europe for culinary secrets and extolled Belgian chocolates like a sommelier with wine.

2) Be thankful you're a dude, DUDE. For the wedding, I just got to make sure I shower, and look good. My selection is a classic tuxedo and it's either black or white. If you're a girl...oh girl, you got some serious window shopping. What styles! What colors! (At this point guys, you need to supportive by being with your woman and bringing a book). We finally found a bridemaid color! I want my girl to be happy, and she is, but I'm glad I don't have to fret about this. Popping on a dude wedding outfit is as simple as a tee shirt - Do I want black or white? Does it fit? Cool, I'm ready to go!

3) Love your wedding planner. Ours is great...and is Michele's mom! Love her to death! She's so excited. And I'm glad she doesn't talk like Martin Short in FATHER OF THE BRIDE. Much love to her!!!