Jun 22, 2007

Uh a new journey?

Laid off.

...those are two words that are never good, and filled with more trepidation when you're married and starting off.

Worked for the same company close to eight years, and have always been steadfast loyal to it. It was a good company and it's BUSINESS. Nothing personal.

I am not angry, bitter or dismayed. A bit spooked by the whole event, but at the same time excited about the new changes that might await. At the same time, I've learned to pull whatever you can to scrape by for the time being - unfortunately my networking net is not too large here.

There's a mantra, "It's WHO you know not WHAT you know."

It's nice to know God is in the picture, because it would alot more difficult. However, it's not as strange as my friend Chris, the day he came back from his honeymoon (got married the same day as me) he found his company closed down for business! He couldn't access his email, or get voice mail, until this reply, "Sorry I didn't leave a voice mail, but didn't want to bum you out. You WERE coming back from your honeymoon."

So Chris and I talked, prayed and encouraged each other. Same boat, but at least I'm not paying $900.00 for a one bedroom apartment. Things are bit cheaper here, but the challenge of everything is nonetheless the same.