Mar 22, 2007

Another Movie List

It was bound to happen - top 10 movie list and why.

No particular order, it's hard to order things sometimes.

I wouldn't recommend this list for kids under 17, but I appreciate the theme and movie content for it's depth.

Ten Favorite Movies

1. BraveHeart - It's noble, masculine and inspiring. If you have an inkling of a man's heart you almost could don a skirt and pick up a broadsword after seeing this movie. You might even weep as a man...warrior poet.

2. Passion of Christ
- Gritty realism. This movie moved me to my soul and heart. It's the story redemption and God's sacrificial love for us.

3. Lord of the Rings - Mythical on a grand scale. There's so many noble qualities in this movie and touches the human emotion at ever level.

4. Remember the Titans - Against all odds, and what brotherhood means.

5. Nacho Libre - I could watch this over, and over. It really tickles me as a fresh movie with some hilarious moments.

6. Empire Strikes Back - Any male with a bit of boyness must love SOME STAR WARS movie. This was is the best for me in light of storyline and just good popcorn fun.

7. Last of the Mohicans - Daring vision of the wilderness and man's place in it. It's beautifully rich in the characters, love and sacrifice. Great theme of good and evil.

8. Gladiator - Behind every man's strength is what's important to him - service, honor, family and his love. Don't take it away from any man, but respect him. One of the few rated R movies that actually made me cry because I so identify with Maximus' pain.

9. Monsters Inc - Beautiful animation, sweet and lovely. I don't know why I choked up with that "Boo?" scene....sheesh. I think it's the 'daddy's heart' in me.

10. Schindler's List - words fail me. Spielberg's best film, in my opinion.