Mar 12, 2007

FAVORITE STUFF





Michele and I have been going over our bridal registry, and it got me thinking.

What do I really MUST HAVE or think every man needs? Here's a few of my favorite things and why.

1. A Bible - Deluxe Tyndale Cowhide - butter soft cover
Why: Life is not without sadness, questions, or troubles. I cannot exist without this amazing book. Everything about life - children, afterlife, hope, love, and all the amazing things God has in store is in this book (helps with a great leather cover)

2. Good friends
Why: Without some of my friends in my life, I don't know where I can be. You don't need alot of them, but you need good ones.

3. Boots - Ariat black ropers

Why: Looks great with jeans, or with a suit. It's simple, versatile and incredible comfortable. I bought mine three years ago, and never had to buy a dress shoe and no dress shoe is more comfy than boots. Never goes out of fashion.

4. A MacBook Pro 15"

Why: It's a technology world and if you want to email or go surf on the net, you will not find a better laptop to take with you. No spyware, or virus problems. Durable, and beautifully designed.

5. A good pen.
Why: It's a very simple and inexpensive pleasure. My pen is the Pilot 500 extra fine. Yes, I do have a fetish for pens.

6. A good PDA phone - Palm Treo.
Why: Isn't it nice to not carry a phone, address book, notepad with you everywhere? Get smart and organized. Save time and spend time on things you love.

7. A good pair of jeans and slacks. Levi 550s.
Why: You want to feel comfortable and looks good. Levis fits well.

8. TIVO - DVR
Why? You shouldn't be slave to your tv schedule. Watch TV WHEN and WHAT you want.

9. A multi-functioning knife.
Why? A man needs to act. Be it opening a package, or opening a ticking nuke bomb...every man needs a good knife at sometime in his life.

10. A good beverage - Starbucks coffee with a shot of soy milk, peppermint Teranzo syrup and two teaspoon of sugar.
Cheap, simple and pleasureable to start your day.