Apr 24, 2009

Trials and Miracles

Some may not know it, but my wife experienced a near-death incident.

Her fallopian tube ruptured this past Monday. Never in my life was I as scared as I was.

I rushed her to the hospital and it really hit me seeing her legs shake from the pain.
My wife went into shock and temporary hyper-ventillation.
Later that afternoon we found she had to undergo emergency surgery.

Michele almost died from the ectopic pregnancy.
Every couple expecting should educate themselves on this.
It can happen to any woman, any age, and at any time.

Our doctor said they don't know why it happens, but it does.
It's when the fertilized egg doesn't implant in the uterus, but inside
the fallopian tube. When that happens the baby will not survive, but
it puts the mother's life in danger because of massive bleeding when
the fetal tissue grows larger than the capacity of the tube.

My wife lost half her blood supply because the fetal tissue grew
around the a blood vessel and during the operation they couldn't
stop the bleeding.

Thankfully, and miraculously she came out ok. It has been a long
two weeks, but it gave me some insights.

1) Tell others about ectopic pregnancies - it's serious stuff
2) Life is short, and I almost lost my wife and it made me cheerish moments more
3) When death is at your door, you find out what your values are
4) God has blessed us with great friends, a terrific family and a
awesome home church
6) Buy yourself a strobe light, it'll help you get to emergencies faster.
It's legal and people respect the strobe.