Sep 7, 2006



Meet the Parents was a funny movie. Meet the Parents for me, thankfully, isn't like the movie.

I know God has been good to me to bless me with great in-laws. Michele's parents are super people.

Her dad (I know you're reading this C) is a great guy - like me, he loves the outdoors, and even taught me how to fish (more on that) during a weekend at a Wisconsin cabin Michele's parents have, and I had a great time. Michele's dad was washing and waxing her car the day we were about to leave.

A true servant. He's a guy you cannot help, but take a few character strengths and add it to your life knowing you will be a better man. If he's reading this, maybe he'll score me some fresh fish.

Felt like part of the family pretty much from the get-go. Michele's mom is a sweet, energetic Italian lady with a heart of gold. She smiled alot. She takes time to drive an elderly lady named Franny and fusses over me to make sure I eat enough. Michele's grandmother REALLY fusses over me to make sure I'm getting good reasons to go to the gym. Eating one plate is not enough in the Italian household - they have to rollllllll you out - you didn't eat enough until you chug a bottle of Pepto Bismol.

Ray Romano was right, "If you want a little, tell them you DON'T WANT...ANYTHING."

Which really got me to thinking, MIchele and I will be able to have 'date nights' when we have kids. We have decided we're more than willing to let our parents play grandparents all they want. Actually, watching a PBS program on education, I got a chance to see first hand the strength of a life is found within the strength of a family. Grandparents - are a highly valued commodity. Too bad America lost her respect for the elderly. In China, you do that, and Grandpa spin-kick your sad bottom back to humility. The bible says we should do it too (not the kicking) - respecting those older than you.

They have WISDOM. Wisdom is from living, knowledge is from book-worming.

SPEAKING OF worms, I caught my first couple of fishes from a lake a few weeks ago, and I am hooked - no pun intended.