Nov 28, 2006



Gordon,
I just opened your note...thank you is not a big enough sentiment to express my gratitude of having you as a friend and encourager. You have been there quietly encouraging me and praying me through my trials and grief...

***

Wrote a simple note to a friend back in California. She's a great lady going through some struggles right now, and I'm still amazed and encouraged as to how powerful a letter can be. It wasn't even me who really wrote it...God just placed it in my heart to write a three or four sentences...that's it.

Some people thought I was joking about the power of a letter on the last post. I wasn't.

The New Testatment was compromised of letters written by Paul - and to this day pastors preach from Paul's letters. Yes, Paul's letter gave guidance to the confused, strength and hope to the weary, and a fervor faith to a people that would carry the good news to all the lands.

Or think of how much hope, strength and refreshment that tired, young USA soldier gets when he reads a letter from his wife with a hint of purfume and it says: "I love you baby. Miss you much. Praying you come back to me and kids safely." That simple letter means so much to that soldier leaning on his M-16 in his small bunk after a night patrol in Iraq.

A million women out there tonight would walk on clouds for a few minutes if their husband slipped a note under their pillow that said, "After all these years, I'm still in love with the most beautiful woman."

That down-on-his-luck teen would find reneweal if he got a note from his parents that read, "We believe in you son, and we are proud of you."

WORDS ARE POWERFUL.