Feb 5, 2007

There's cold, and then there's BITTERLY cold

Overall, I've not been phased by the weather in the Midwest.

Until this weekend.

And I understood why the Weather Channel described cold as
"very cold" and...are you ready for this? BITTERLY cold.

I felt very cold this weekend, but I don't even want to think of BITTERLY COLD.

When Michele and I went shopping at Trader Joe's, I turned around in the parking lot just in time to feel the blast of cold air into my face. It felt like my lungs went ice and in just twenty seconds standing out there, my body tensed up. The shock of minus 25 wind chill just made it extremely hard to breathe. The Columbia winter coat was fine, but the wind hits you like a ton of knives.

The forecast is for BITTER COLD tonight.

NOW I MISS CALIFORNIA WEATHER.