Feb 5, 2007

Bears turns to Cubs







Bears lose.

It was a difficult game to root for. It's not like the Patriots - I love rooting against them, or even the Lakers - a former Californian i would root for the Celtics against the Lakers.

This year: I had to root for Chi-town, but I wasn't a fan of the QB. I also rooted a bit for Manning and the Colts because of Tony Dungy, just all around classy coach. But, the Bears lost this game, and it wasn't even even Grossman's fault. The line on the Bears both defensively, and offensively got mauled. The Colts piled more running yardage than anyone would have guessed, and the Colts offensive line grinded out the clock with time of possession.

Sure there were a few take-aways, but it was on both sides. So I considered that evened out.

But the Bears inability to stop the Colts running game, put Grossman in an impossible situation: start an passing arms race with a future Hall of Famer. When the Bears fell behind by more than a TD, I knew Grossman was in trouble.

That's like asking Sri Lanka to start an arms race with the U.S.

The Bears made a good run, and Urlacher on the Bears is clearly my favorite player - but Chicago got nothing to be ashamed of. You made a run into the SuperBowl and just came up a bit short. Try again, and build on what you have because we got something good going on.